Ingredients for making Benedict classic eggs
Ingredients for making classic Benedict Eggs:
- Chicken eggs 4 pcs.
- Bacon (sliced) 4 slices
- Dry white wine (or 5% vinegar) 1 teaspoon. a spoon
- White bread 4 slices
- Vegetable oil for frying
For the sauce:
- Chicken eggs 3 pcs.
- Salt 0.5 teaspoon spoons
- Lemon 1 pc.
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Butter 2 table. spoons
- Main ingredients: Bacon, Eggs, Bread
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Spoon, Plate, Saucepan, Teaspoon, Tablespoon, Frying pan, Toaster, Skimmer, Blender, Culinary spatula, Serving plates
Cooking Benedict Classic Eggs:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.Before cooking, the eggs necessary for the sauce and the dishes themselves must be washed with a soapy solution to get rid of harmful bacteria that have accumulated on the shell. After that take 3 the eggs, from which we will prepare Dutch sauce, and smash them gently with a knife. It is necessary to separate the yolks from the proteins, this can be done using a separator and pour them into a separate plate. We do not need proteins, so you can use them in the preparation of another dish. If your bread is not sliced, but a whole loaf, then carefully cut from it 4 even slices average in thickness (about 1 cm). Unsweetened muffin buns are good for this dish. The same applies to bacon, if you use unprepared slices, then you need to cut 4 whole slices from a whole piece (about 0.5 cm). Rinse the lemon with running water, and then cut a third and squeeze the juice out of it into a separate plate, by hand or using a blender. We need 1 tablespoon of juice.
Step 2: Prepare the Dutch sauce for the dish.
Step 3: Cook the classic Benedict Eggs.First, fry the bacon slices in a preheated pan, greased with a small amount of vegetable oil. It is necessary to fry on both sides for 2-3 minutes until ruddy. We take out the prepared slices with a slotted spoon and drain the excess fat. We brown the bread for a couple of minutes in a toaster or fry in a pan on both sides. While the bacon is fried, we occupy the adjacent hotplate with a pan, which we fill with water by about a third. Bring the water to a boil with a pinch of salt, covering the pan with a lid to save a little time. When the water boils, add white wine or vinegar. Stirring the water, make a small "whirlpool" and, carefully, breaking the egg, add it to the pan. Cook them for 2-3 minutes until cooked, until the proteins become completely dense. The yolks will remain soft and tender. Ready poached eggs get a slotted spoon.
Step 4: Collect and serve the classic Benedict Eggs.We take portioned plates and begin to collect the dish - first we put the toasts, on them a slice of bacon and one egg each - poached. Pour the sauce over the dish and serve immediately! You can also decorate the finished dish with chopped herbs. Enjoy your meal!
- - If you have the opportunity, try to prepare Dutch sauce with cayenne pepper, and not with ordinary black.
- - Instead of bacon, you can use sliced ham. To fry or not - depends on your desire.
- - Boil poached eggs correctly is quite difficult, so do not worry if it does not work the first time.
- - The dish is obtained, although not very high-calorie, but with a sufficiently large amount of cholesterol, so it is better to eat it no more than once a week.
- - If you want to treat yourself to Benedict eggs, but there is no time for sauce, you can replace it with a simple mayonnaise.