Ingredients for Making Octopus Soup
- Fresh little octopus 800 grams
- Medium Squid 4 pieces
- Black tiger prawns 8 pieces
- Italian tomato paste (you can use regular) 800 ml.
- Table white wine 1/2 cup
- Garlic 1 clove
- Hot red pepper to your liking
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Parsley 1 bunch
- Table salt to your liking
- Main Ingredients Octopus
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
Inventory:Measuring cup, Tablespoon, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Garlic press, Pan with a thick day, Cooker, Ladle, Serving plates
Cooking Octopus Soup:
Step 1: Prepare the seafood.First you need to prepare the octopuses. To do this, remove their eyes, beak and pouch, then rinse them well under cold running water. Rinse squid thoroughly under running water, then remove the eyes and all the insides, rinse again and cut them into rings.
Step 2: Prepare the spices.Pour a little olive oil into a wide pot with a thick bottom, put on medium heat, heat a little and place garlic and red hot pepper in it. Fry lightly on all sides, regularly stirring the spices with a wooden spatula, until the corresponding aroma is formed.
Step 3: Add chopped seafood.Place chopped octopus and squid in a pan. Make a strong fire and fry them on all sides, stirring constantly. At the moment when seafood begins to release water, the fire must be reduced. Stew them for about 5 minutes. Then pour in the right amount of white wine and let it evaporate completely, it will take about 10 minutes.
Step 4: Add the tomato paste.Add tomato paste to the pan, cover it with a lid. Keep stewing the soup, about 35- 40 minutes over low heat. Then peel the tiger shrimp off its legs and shell. About 3 minutes before the soup is ready, add the shrimp to the pan.
Step 5: Serve the octopus soup.Salt the soup to your liking and turn off the heat. Let the soup brew a little. Then pour the soup into serving plates. As a decoration, you can use twigs of fresh parsley. Serve the octopus soup to the table in hot form, along with the bread slightly dried in the oven. Good appetite!
- - If you wish, you can fry a whole pod of red pepper, which you need to remove from the soup, immediately after its preparation, along with garlic.
- - In order to enhance the marine taste of the soup, you can add shrimp in it unpeeled.
- - Octopuses for cooking this soup can also be used freshly frozen, if you could not find fresh ones.
- - It is also worth considering that if you buy frozen octopuses, then they should be taken more. Approximately 1100-1300 grams, as they will significantly lose weight when defrosting, due to drainage of water.
- - Thawing seafood is in the refrigerator.
- In order to enhance the taste of seafood, you can also add chopped leek to the fried pepper and garlic, which must be fried until a light transparent color is formed.