Ingredients for the preparation of the Yemeni seasoning "Shug"
- Garlic 3-4 cloves
- Chili pepper (jalapeno variety) 2-3 pcs.
- Fresh or canned tomatoes 4-5 pcs.
- Cilantro 1 bunch
- Parsley 1 bunch (small)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Ground cumin 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric 0.5 teaspoon
- 0.5 teaspoon curry powder
- Cardamom seeds of 2-3 pods
- Lemon juice from half a lemon squeeze juice
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Main Ingredients Tomato
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:The most important equipment - a blender, Knives, Utensils for serving (bowl)
Cooking Yemeni seasoning "Shug":
Step 1: Prepare garlic, peppers, tomatoes and cilantro with parsley.Using a knife, carefully clean the garlic and throw it into the blender. Pepper, cilantro and parsley under running water and add to the garlic.
Step 2: Add the rest of the ingredients.Add ground cumin and turmeric to the blender. We also put curry powder and cardamom seeds there. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and lemon juice.
Step 3: Grind our ingredients.Now the main process is grinding. Turn on our blender and let it work for about half a minute. During this time, you can say seasoning shug and preparing. After chopping - taste and add a little salt and sugar, again to taste.
Step 4: serve to the table.That’s all, the seasoning “Schug” is ready. There was nothing complicated in the cooking process. We take a clean bowl, carefully shift the seasoning from the blender and serve it to the table, where the waiting guests are already sitting. Enjoy your meal!
- - when choosing olive oil, it should be noted that for the seasoning, first-pressed oil is most likely suitable. Otherwise, the taste will be different.
- - some cooks, before laying all the ingredients in a blender, chop pepper, cilantro, tomatoes, etc. with a knife
- - Seasoning can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.