Ingredients for making classic mulled wine
- Red wine 750 ml.
- Cloves 6-7 pieces
- Nutmeg 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon sticks 5-6 pcs.
- Orange 2 pcs.
- Sugar 1 tbsp. a spoon
- Main Ingredients: Red Wine
- Serving 4 servings
- World cuisineGerman cuisine
Inventory:Turk, Metal pan, Tablespoon, Ladle, Ceramic teapot, Ceramic cups or glasses
Preparation of classic mulled wine:
Step 1: Brew spices.We take cloves and ground nutmeg in the right proportions and fall asleep in a coffee Turk. We fill the container with water and put on a slow fire. Then bring the contents to a boil and cook for another minute. We remove the fire Turk, after which we let the broth of spices infuse for 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
Step 2: Making the wine.Pour any red wine into the pan and set on fire. In the heated, but not boiling wine, pour the contents of the Turks - spices brewed in water. We also add cinnamon and squeezed orange juice, the pulp is also placed in hot wine. Mix the ingredients thoroughly and add one tablespoon of sugar. Attention: in no case bring the wine to a boil! To do this, it must be heated on a very moderate fire and constantly stir. It is better to remove it from the heat hot enough. We insist the finished dish for about 15 minutes.
Step 3: serve classic mulled wine.After all the necessary cooking procedures have been completed, the finished mulled wine must be poured into cups or glasses with a ladle or a deep spoon. Another serving of the drink is possible, in which the liquid is poured into a ceramic teapot and put on the table in this form. Already directly from it, you can gently dispense a drink between all participants in gatherings or parties. Mulled wine is drunk necessarily hot. It is desirable that the glasses from which it is used are high. In this case, the liquid will cool more slowly. Classic mulled wine is always served in a transparent bowl, which allows you to enjoy its incredibly rich color. Fragrant and unusual in taste, the drink will brighten up any party or winter family evening. Have a good time!
- - The most optimal temperature above which you should not heat the wine is 70 degrees. In this case, the white foam disappears, which is formed initially when heated, but the whole alcohol will not evaporate. A true drink should be prepared and served in this temperature regime.
- - Dry wines are perfect for making fragrant mulled wine. You can use both strong options and low alcohol. It all depends on your individual preferences and goals. Well-known wines are perfect for everyone - Cahors and Cabernet.
- - If you do not want to quickly get drunk from mulled wine, then it can be diluted a little with boiled water. It is added directly to warm wine. Moreover, we pour it gently along the edge, after which we carefully mix the ingredients.
- - You can add other berries, fruits or spices to mulled wine to taste. It all depends on your taste preferences. Dog rose, dried apples and pears go especially well with a drink.